SCHEDULE FOR SUBMISSION OF PAPERS:
Apr/18/2019 to May/30/2019
Instructions to submit papers on any topics related to orthopaedics and traumatology
1. Fill in all required information in the submission form for papers on any topics related to orthopaedics and traumatology (information on author, speaker, co-authors, and institutions). Paper content, authors, and co-authors may not be changed after submission. The submission can only be completed if all required fields are filled.
2. Lead authors must be registered to attend the congress in order to submit the paper for review.
*Foreign participants and independent orthopaedists who register to attend the congress may also submit scientific papers.
3. Only papers submitted through the website of the congress shall be considered. Please select the area of study: Anatomy, Experimental, or Clinical.
4. Please make sure to select one of the focus areas below for your paper in the electronic form:
1) Basic Science
3) External fixation
6) Sports Medicine
7) Shoulder and Elbow
8) Orthopaedic Oncology
9) Pediatric Orthopaedics
10) Metabolic bone disorders
13) Foot and Ankle
We will not review papers received via email, fax, or mail.
5. Please make sure to indicate how you will present your paper: Oral Presentation or E-Poster Paper (electronic poster) on Any Topics Related to Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
You will be notified if the scientific committee decides that your paper fits a presentation method other than the one you indicated. You will have to confirm if you approve occasional changes upon registering your paper.
Case reports shall be submitted following the same structure available on the system, as there is no specific form for this kind of paper.
BEST PAPER AWARDS
All papers accepted will be presented during oral sessions or published as e-posters. Papers shall be eligible for awards only if a full version of the files is attached to the submission.
The best oral presentations will win according to the award categories Anatomy Study, Experimental Study, Clinical Study. Only one e-poster will win an award, regardless of its topic.
6. There is no limit to the number of authors by paper or the number of papers submitted by author.
7. Papers may be submitted in the following languages: Portuguese, Spanish, or English; however, only presentations in Portuguese will be accepted.
8. Papers cannot include any information on authors or institutions where the research or case report was conducted, when submitting the structured abstract or the full paper.
Papers that include any information in that sense will be disqualified.
9. Please include all mailing information of the responsible author when submitting the paper to make sure we can reach out to them about the results of the selection process.
10. Award-winning papers shall be granted the Certificate of Best Paper in the specified category, including the names of all registered authors, as well as the award set forth by the Continuing Education Committee – CEC, and shall be presented once again at the closing ceremony of the congress.
11. The Paper Review Committee reserves the right to disregard papers failing to follow the guidelines set forth for the congress.
12. Papers cannot be modified after they are submitted to the system.
13. Papers submitted more than once shall be automatically disqualified.
14. The paper review committee will review all papers following the appropriate procedures so as to not identify the author(s).